ATLANTA, GA, AUGUST 29, 2023 – VoterGA called today for the Georgia General Assembly to immediately initiate a Special Session on elections and impeach Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis for prosecutorial misconduct in the filing of a “phony” indictment against 19 of her political adversaries. The VoterGA press conference presented a thorough analysis of a recent 41-count racketeering indictment filed by Fani Willis who cited election related “crimes”. VoterGA contends that no true crime is identified in the indictment because it misapplies law and misstates factual information throughout its 98 pages.
Examples of misapplied law and misstatements of factual information include:
• Alleged false statements made about Georgia elections that are actually true;
• Statements protected by free speech of the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution;
• False criminalization of legitimate Georgia contingent elector activities;
• False charges of computer crimes against those who exposed voting system failures;
• False charges against those trying to protect potential witnesses of election crime;
• Misapplication of racketeering, forgery and solicitation statutes to legal activities.
The press conference also identified evidence of potential election crimes in Fulton County that Fani Willis never investigated and kept hidden from the grand jury including:
• Election bribery and interference;
• Ballot trafficking;
• Electronic vote tampering;
• Falsification of audit documents.
VoterGA co-founder Garland Favorito stated: “This phony indictment presents a clear picture to Georgians of how a District Attorney can mislead a grand jury and suppress critical facts the jury needs to know for their decision-making process. Legislators must use their impeachment power to hold Fani Willis accountable for malicious prosecution. The General Assembly must also prohibit District Attorneys from having exclusive control of grand juries and restore the right of citizens to present facts to any grand jury in the state.”
VoterGA is a non-partisan, 501©3 registered non-profit organization created by a coalition of citizens working to restore election
integrity in Georgia. We advocate for independently verifiable, auditable, recount capable, transparent and tamper proof elections.