New Week — Same Message
As I write this newsletter, I sit amazed. Talking to many of you each day, I know you feel the same way. What is UTTERLY jaw-dropping is that we live in a “red state” with a republican Governor, Lt. Governor, Secretary of State, Attorney General, majority in Senate and House and YET we function like the democrats are in charge. There is actually very little that distinguishes the republicans from the democrats today in Georgia, except for the fact that our Governor is intentionally dividing the party for his and his minions’ personal gain. THAT does not ever happen on the Left.
Exhibit A: You’ve seen our scorecards and if not, here is the link where you can go read for yourself. I witnessed for the first time in the general assembly the mostly solid green vote board indicating a “yes” vote from the majority of the chambers on the bulk of the bills- like there’s one party.
Exhibit B: We have a historically corrupt DA in Fulton County politically persecuting their opponents and we have a mere 2/236 Senators and Representatives in the Georgia General Assembly who have signed onto a letter to the Governor requesting a special session to investigate and defund her. The public increasingly displays outrage at the DA for NOT doing her job. And for her irresponsibility resulting in deaths of inmates (all people of color) rotting in jail, many who were never even CHARGED! (See recent Sept 20 BOC meeting public comments.) Willis showboats her political weaponry while Georgians die… all at taxpayer expense!
Exhibit C: The fact that we have a REPUBLICAN Governor who will not ON HIS OWN call a special session to investigate and defund this rogue, radical California/DC bred DA who is spending our tax dollars producing this circus that is bringing further shame and humiliation, crime and even DEATH to the good people of Georgia while attacking our first amendment right to freedom of speech.
Exhibit D: The Rasmussen Poll below shows that the majority of Georgians don’t agree with the belligerent stance that our elected officials have taken by not taking action against Fani Willis, with the exception of Senator Colton Moore and Representative Charlice Byrd. (Vice- Chairman and Chairman of the Georgia Freedom Caucus respectfully.)
Exhibit E: There are Senators and a spouse spewing incorrect information, name calling and issuing harmful calls to action against Senator Moore who is directly in sync with the consent of the governed on this issue. See below article. It’s important that you know the facts. It’s also important that you see inaction from status quo GOP for what it is… laziness, fear of losing, disdain for action oriented fighters who DO REPRESENT THEIR CONSTITUENTS making do-nothings look bad and zero-sum game politicians who only like their own actions and ideas. Notice that this does no happen on the Left… they keep eyes on WINNING, not internal competition. We need more Colton Moores and Charlice Byrds who fight regardless of odds BECAUSE IT”S THE RIGHT THING TO DO AND IT”S WHY THEY WERE ELECTED IN THE FIRST PLACE.
Exhibit F: You emailed and received excuses or no response at all. You called and they turned their phones off. So now we will use the tried and true campaign winner- door knocking! In some areas across the state the grassroots have already started doing this and is has been very impactful. Voters need to understand that their elected officials are NOT representing them or fulfilling their constitutional duty in this matter. The people are taking ACTION! Most of us only door knock during campaign season, so this is a new strategy. There is not a better way to connect with our fellow citizens than by showing up at their doors and telling them the truth they so l long to hear. In order to make it as easy as possible, below here are some talking points for conversations which reflects the FACTS. Feel free to use those provided below. Get together with your people, organize and head out!
Lastly, please circulate the special session petition below in your circles after signing on yourself.
Talking Points: Call your Elected Officials and Demand a Special Session!
ASK: Sign Senator Colton Moore’s letter calling for a special session.
- The Georgia Constitution gives legislators the power of the purse in Article 3, Section 9, Paragraph 1. I am asking you to use this authority to defund Fani Willis.
o They ask, “how will she try murder, rape, and other violent crimes if she is defunded?”: She is not doing this currently. Willis is a political player, not a crime fighter and certainly not a justice warrior as we’ve witnessed with the deaths of unharmed inmates. Further, she will still have money from the county and federal government. I don’t, however, want my tax dollars funding the political persecution of these 19 individuals.
- The General Assembly has the authority to provide oversight over the judicial and executive branches. I am asking you to launch an investigation into Fani Willis’ office using your oversight authority.
- The General Assembly has the sole power of impeachment from Article 3, Section 7 of the Georgia Constitution. I am asking you to investigate and, if the corruption I believe exists is found, to use the power of impeachment.
- They say, “we just created a commission to discipline bad District Attorneys”: The commission has never met, has yet to approve rules (which then must go before the Georgia Supreme Court), and we have no idea how long it will take for this to happen. Do BOTH but don’t wait to act. Willis is unethical, inept and dangerous to GA.
- There is no reason for the General Assembly to cede its constitutional duties to an unelected commission.
- The constitutionality for the commission is being challenged and there is a chance it won’t even exist.
- This is urgent and we need you to act now. Corruption like this can’t be allowed.