Conflict of Interests Under the Gold Dome in Atlanta
- High school football coach who was fired for praying with players wins $2M settlement and will return to work after Supreme Court rules in his favor.
- Today News Africa reporter accuses the Biden administration of Racism and says the press room is a disgrace for ignoring his questions after he derailed Jason Sudeikis’ White House appearance on mental health. Simon Ateba has press credentials in the White House. He asks real questions. For 7 months he has been blacklisted, He has done everything, sent emails, raised his hand, asked for a meeting. He was denied. Simon tweets “I’m not just the African reporter, my name is Simon Ateba!”
- Bally Sports South is a network, This is maybe why they need to pass sports betting. They may have been promised to have sports betting in place for this season.
- Ga bills thought to be dead were revived in the final days. The soap box derby measure would have been republican state Rep Leesa Hagan’s first bill to pass, recognizing the event in Lyons as Georgia’s official soap box race for tourism purposes. Instead she has asked for her proposal to be removed from the bill so it wasn’t tarnished by sports betting, HB237. A 3 page bill got a 44 page amendment
- TO Lt Gov Burt Jones, if this session comes and goes and that member of the house doesn’t get her bill passed clean. Remember you want to run for governor.
- Burt Jones backed hospital overhaul draws scrutiny. To get a hospital you have to have a certificate of need. They won’t allow a certificate of need for many rural areas but on the surface it looks like it will allow hospitals to be built without a certificate of need in counties of fewer than 50K people. SB99 Some existing hospitals oppose the measure, saying it could endanger struggling hospitals that serve their communities. Jones considered SB99 passage a top priority, saying that it is a matter of Quality healthcare for rural communities. Sponsors of the bill acknowledge that the measure could fast track a 100-bed hospital for Jones’ native Butts County, where his father owns land where the hospital could be built.
- Republicans demand Manhattan DA Bragg to turn over docs related to the Trump investigation. Jordan, chairman of the House Judiciary, Comer, chairman of the Oversight and Bryan Steil, chairman of the Administration committee, issued a letter to the Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg on Monday demanding testimony and documents related to the investigation and potential indictment of former President Donald Trump. After House Speaker Kevin McCarthy quickly announced that he planned to use committees to probe the potential indictment and whether federal funding was involved.
- If Biden gets his way, using correct pronouns could be a human rights violation. Biden’s Department of Education plans to enact new rule changes to civil rights law this May that would end free speech as Americans have known it. Then changes would inject gender ideology straight into the heart of Title IX of the Civil Rights Act by erasing the Supreme Court’s long-standing distinction between protected speech and punishable conduct. The Biden administration is purposefully muddying the waters between mere speech and harassing conduct specifically to force the use of pronouns and gender-affirming language. Under the proposed rule, students and faculty can violate Title IX simply for refusing to use someone else’s preferred pronouns. Title XI has typically been reserved for incidents of sexual assault or harrassment but under the Biden administration it could be reported for mere speech. This administration will set legal precedent ablaze and steamroll arguably our nation’s most foundational principle.
- The Los Angeles school workers union begins a 3‑day strike of about 60K workers.
- Biden got his first Veto and it upset Joe Manchin. Sen Joe Manchin accused the Biden administration of prioritizing radical policy over the economic energy and national security needs of the country. Biden issues first veto blocking measure to block new investment rule.
Leave a Comment